Look forward to quarterly updates.
- Praise God that we have been successful in finding a builder for the project and we expect to start work this month. Praise Him also that we have secured the required bridging finance which is needed as most donations are pledged over up to 5 years.
- Praise God that nearly $18m of the $19m in donations needed from CRU supporters and the wider community have been pledged so far, and that we have been awarded a $5m grant from the Federal Government! We stand in awe of our amazing God given that we only had $7.3m pledged at this time last year.
- Praise God for the continued co-operation of Lake Macquarie City Council. They have been accommodating about DA condition timings and when these need to be met.
- We are waiting on one more item to be checked off by Lake Macquarie City Council so that we can obtain our Construction Certificate. Pray that the remaining item is approved so that construction can commence.
- Pray for our Fundraising efforts as we seek to raise the $1m needed to close the gap to completely fund Stage 1. Pray for creativity for the fundraising team and that God will continue to lead His people to sow into the vision by giving sacrificially, so that the new Lake Mac can reach an extra 1 million young people for Christ.
- Pray for upcoming Summit School Camps and CRU Camps which will be held at Lake Mac this year. Pray that God will use these camps to help many young people come to know Him and experience the hope of the gospel through the talks, discussion groups and interactions with Christian leaders.
- Please pray for Allan Nicholls as he takes on the role of Lake Mac Site Manager during this next construction phase. Pray that he and the team will make wise decisions about how to manage the site so that groups have good camp experiences while construction occurs.